Auvrea Veryr

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free loosely based Harry Potter role playing site.

Welcome!!!! Please be sure to check this regularly, so that you are aware of things happening in posts and during the war.

2 posters

Old Confidant | Ken/Aly

Kendera James
    Kendera James

Old Confidant | Ken/Aly Empty Old Confidant | Ken/Aly

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Kendera had officially moved to Kildere Village, a Russian town she had only really visited before when she was twenty-one. She'd spent most of that time 'as' Liddy, or as Lidwina Krause, to be precise. At the time, she'd had no reason to remain. Now, however...

Well, Liddy had always been determined to see Dagereth Lestrange meet a messy end; an aspiration which Kendera fervently shared.

That wasn't what brought her to the pub at that moment, however. No, she was there to visit an old... well, confidant, of sorts. Though, Kendera never did tell Aalyrial about Liddy.

"Ah, bravo," Kendera said, voice loud enough to carry through the near-empty establishment. "Love what you've done to the place. Truly. It's... inspiring. Very modern; I like it."
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Old Confidant | Ken/Aly Empty Re: Old Confidant | Ken/Aly

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Aalyrial turned around, dropping the expensive wine bottle she held in her hand.

She had barely heard its deafening shatter as it hit the ground.

"Holy shit." She breathed out, blinking once or twice to make sure that the ghost from her past was really there standing in front of her.

Aly never had friends, the closest she had been to having a friend was the only girl she'd ever confided in. And that girl had suddenly disappeared from Aly's life some time during their seventh year. And with that disappearance Kendera had taken every last ounce of the fun, carefree, hopeful girl that Aalyrial was.

"Kendera?"
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Kendera grimaced a bit as the wine bottle smashed against the floor. That stuff wasn't cheap.

She threw her arms out to either side, smirking impishly. "Aly!" she exclaimed brightly. "Didja miss me?"

It was rather more 'Liddy' than she had been as a teenager, but the disparity between Kendera and her alternate was very small, these days. Had been for years.
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Aalyrial completely disregarded the mess that now covered the floor in front of her. She could worry about that later, but right then she couldn't help but smile.

"Ken!" She shook her head, keeping back her tears. Thank god Kendera was back. Aalyrial couldn't imagine that Kendera was 100% the same as she was all those years ago, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was that Kendera was here, and Aly would take the time to reacquaint herself with the once very kind and misunderstood girl. "Where the fuck have you been?"
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Kendera smiled almost sheepishly. "A bit of everywhere, really," she replied easily. "Picked up several more languages along the way. I already knew German, Russian, English, Latin, French, and Polish, of course, but now I know, um... Spanish, Swedish, Welsh, Gaelic, and even Mandarin.

"Sorry I didn't write," Kendera said, the sentiment sincere. "I know I should have, I just didn't. I've been well, though. Really. I've learned a lot. Oh - and I'm a Potions Mistress, now. In fact, I accepted a teaching position as the local school place. I don't remember what it's called.

"How have you been, Aly? I hear you got married."
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Aalyrial could understand that she didn't write, the world was such a crazy place right now. And it wasn't like Aalyrial had gone out of her way to find the girl anyways, although she had exhausted all of her resources trying to find the girl. She'd stopped after the first three years.

"Dont worry about it, I dont know why you came back here." Aalyrial whispered as she finally bent down to pick up the bits of broken glass. "You are only going to get caught up in the black hole here."

Aalyrial sighed, "Yeah, I got married. Oh you'll kill me when you find out who I got married too."

When Kendera and Aalyrial had been close friends, Aalyrial and Kendera had both made it clear to one another how much they hated Dagereth Lestrange, and how much the both of them wanted to kill him. And now Aalyrial was married to his brother, she'd sold out.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 pm

"Oh, I think you know why I came back here, Aly," Kendera stated lightly, though her eyes momentarily became a dark red-brown. She also bent to start picking up the glass. She preferred to use a charm, herself, but this wasn't her establishment, and she had time to kill.

"Aleron Lestrange," she replied, glancing up at the other woman. "Such a prestigious wedding - it was all over the newspapers. Not what I thought you meant when you said you were going to get close to his brother. How's that working, by the way?" A thin trace of cruelty entered her tone. It was Dagereth's fault, mostly. Kendera had never forgiven him his faults.

Kendera sighed. "I suppose he can't be too much worse than the man I married," she smirked. "He was bad enough that people wanted to see him killed."
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Aalyrial looked up at her old friend. "I hate my husband." She said suddenly, with such conviction in her voice that it scared her. "You are a widow?"

Aly hated the fact that her marriage had made the news, she hated her marriage in general.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:43 pm

"Well, we both know how the Lestranges are," Kendera said, with a grim smile.

She nodded slowly. "I am, actually," she replied. "I'd say that I missed him, but he got what he deserved. He was a very easy man to hate."

In fact, Kendera had taken great pleasure in killing him and his brother and sister. And got paid to do so on top of it.
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:45 pm

"Good luck on your job, Ken." Aalyrial said as she pulled out a wash cloth and wiped up the wine from the floor. "My husband is your new boss, you'll see how easy he is to hate as well."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Kendera leaned back on her haunches, elbows resting on her knees. "I remember the Lestranges very clearly, Aly," she said, tone very quiet. "I know that dog is my boss, but really, we must think of the children, right? They must be taught, regardless of who rules this part of the wizarding world."

At some point, Liddy had slid into control and she rose to her feet, leaning against the counter and facing out into the room.

"One day, justice will be delivered, you know," Liddy stated, matter-of-fact. "It's way these things work. Always. I've seen it happen, you know."

We've made it happen, Kendera agreed.
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Aalyrial nodded her head, she was all too clear on the meaning of Kendera's words. "Yes, justice." She smiled as she let out a small laugh. "I would like nothing more."

She stood up and pulled out her wand, making the glass and dirtied towel disappear. "So, tell me. How is life?"
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:07 pm

"Oh, pretty good," Liddy said. "The influence of certain scum is hardly felt in western Europe. I've been living on my inheritance - as the sole heir of the James family, of course." That was a lie; she lived on the money she made assassinating people, though she did have the inheritance. "My grandparents wouldn't give a disappointment like me a penny of the Krause estate, and I wouldn't want it.

"Mostly, I've been travelling for so long, I've decided to settle somewhere for a while." Also not wholly true. She'd still be travelling the world on jobs. Killing people was in her blood, now.

"Yourself? Any children? Pets? Anything of interest? Or just your shiny pub, here?" Kendera grinned.
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 am

Aalyrial smiled, "Just the tavern. Thank god I dont have kids, I dont know what i would do if my kids had to grow up with Aleron as their father." She moved over and grabbed two firewhiskeys. "You drink?" She asked as she offered Kendera the drink.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 am

"I don't have children, either," Liddy stated.

Technically, corrected Kendera.

Details, responded Liddy.

She grinned. "Only if it's stronger than butterbeer," she replied, accepting the drink. "Thank you, most kindly."
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:48 am

Aalyrial moved to go sit down at one of the empty tables. "Of course, the least I can do is treat an old friend too a few free drinks." She smiled and motioned for Ken to take a seat as well.

"So, what made you want to become a teacher? I mean I love knowing that someone worth something is going to be handling our future... but why the sudden change?"
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:04 am

Kendera took the offered seat, giving a light shrug.

"Oh, I dunno. I'm but a lowly potions mistress, of course," she said with false modesty. People paid lots of money for her brews. "Mostly, I thought, 'Why not?' Might as well pass on my knowledge, influence the young, if I can. All that sort of stuff.

"More interesting, why a tavern mistress?" Kendera questioned. "Not that I disapprove. It's brilliant, but you were gifted with potions, also. You were also the Occlumency professor's apprentice. What brought you here, might I ask?"
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:10 am

Aalyrial shook her head. "I dont know. I just... It was either this, working at the school under the scrutiny of my husband, or in the inner circle under Ksenia's command. Besides, when I'm here no one can tell what to do, and no one bothers me. If they piss me off I can kick them out."

"I'm still rather good at both potions and occlumency, however." She continued, taking a swig of her drink.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:17 am

Kendera wrinkled her nose. "Well, I certainly understand how you wouldn't want either of those," she laughed. Kendera did a lot more laughing - and talking, for that matter - than she had as a teen. In fact, one could say she looked happy.

Perhaps, in a way, she was.

"I'm sure you are. DeNoir would probably murder you and use you for potions ingredients if you weren't," the woman grinned. "And occlumency is a very handy skill. I'm a natural at that bit, fortunately. Never could get a handle on legilimency, though.

"So, tell me," Kendera said, "apart from being home to the local royalty, does this town actually have anything to offer? Or have I just moved to the dullest place on earth?"
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:27 am

Aalyrial laughed, she hadn't thought of her once potions master in a very long time. Despite his mean and utterly unorthodox teaching method; he'd been a great mentor. "Yeah I'm sure he would. Legilimency isn't that hard, once you have occlumency down. It takes much less time concentration."

"Absolutely the dullest town ever. Anyone that needs something to do, comes here and gets smashed."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:36 am

"Hmm... strange that I find it so hard, then," she mused. It's because you won't focus, Liddy accused sulkily.

Can it, Kendera shot back. Besides, it's totally because you refuse to cooperate.

Never said I was agreeable.

Kendera snorted.

"Well, I guess I know where I'll be spending most of my time, then," she said. "Any decent-looking men, at least? Or will I have to go hunting elsewhere?"
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

"So far I've only found one. His name is Kaycee, and he's a bit of a drunken man whore." Aalyrial said as she took another drink.

"I get the feeling that there is going to be a lot of change, though. Maybe we'll suddenly get a rush of stunning men."
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:58 am

"Oooh, a drunken man whore. Always the best kind - love me some no-strings-attached," Kendera responded wickedly. She laughed. "That would be nice. Selection is always good, after all.

"Is your husband any good, at least?" she inquired. "I mean, if you're stuck with him, he might as well be good for something, right? I know mine was..." She gave a naughty little smirk.

A little too good, the bastard, Liddy remarked. Kendera ignored her.
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Aalyrial Lestrange
    Shopkeeper

Post by Aalyrial Lestrange Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Aalyrial laughed. "My husband... well..." She didn't really know how to explain it. Sometimes she felt like he had the most glorious sexual talents; and other days she was sure that he was the most selfish sexual partner anyone could ever have. "He's good..." She trailed off.
    Kendera James
    Kendera James

Post by Kendera James Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:09 pm

"Hmm..." Kendera hummed knowingly. "One of those, is he? Poor you.

"Tell you what, one of these days, you and I shall have a night out - somewhere else. Just us girls. Whattaya say? It'd be fun, wouldn't it?" She rested her chin in one palm, brown eyes gazing at Aly expectantly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm